With their knowledge, dedication to quality and commitment to ethics, NALMCO members are the right choice for successful lighting programs & projects.
Choose NALMCO Members
For successful Lighting Programs & Projects
- Big Projects
- Big Programs
- Big Challenges
Lighting Maintenance. Repairs and Retrofits Can Be a Significant Challenge for Building Owners and Occupiers. When it comes time to sign a maintenance contract or undertake a retrofit, they’re confronted with highly technical infromation, complex utility icentives and rabates, demanding occupants, apples to oranges prosals and a multitude of right and wrong ways to approach every project.
When it’s time to invest in planned lighting programs, lighting reparis or energy efficient lighting upgrade projects, choosing the right partner can be a challenge.
So - How do You make the right choice?
The best choice you can make.
Since 1953 NALMCO membership has represnted an unparalleled combination of lighting quality, expertise and trust. Choosing to work with a member of our association is the shortcut to a successful lighting maintenance program or lighting upgrade project.
Your Bottom Line will Thank You
NALMCO members are equipped to help you implement lighting solutions that reduce overall maintenance costs, save energy and benefit the environment.
Our members recognize that the true value of lighting program or project lies not just in short term savings, but in long term quality, reliability and energy efficiency. These are the qualities that can save you tens, or even hundreds of thousands of dollars in the long term.
The NALMCO Advantage
The Industry leading tools, resources and training available to NALMCO Members helps them excel in many areas.
- Our associations dedication to quality and commitment to ethics are the cornerstones of every membership.
- NALMCO’s regular educational sessions help members offer some of the most skilled lighting services in the industry.
- Updates on latest lighting techniques and trends ensure that NALMCO members can maximize the performance of any lighting program or project by using cutting edge technology and industry-leading practices.
- Through NALMCO’s Knowledge Center, members have acces to an online database that offers the latest information on technology developments, best practices, management operations and more.
Utility Experts & Legislative Insiders
Utility incentives and reabtes have the ability to drastically reduce the cost of lighting programs and projects. That’s why NALMCO members are knowledgeable about local and regional utility programs.
NALMCO has also worked to promote lighting-friendly legislation by meeting directly with members of congress and founding grass roots organizations that encourage subsidies for energy efficient lighting retrofits.
This means that when you work with a NALMCO member, you’re working with a lighting professional who is likely to understand how both legislation and utility programs can impact your program or project.
Look for NALMCO
Relighting project and planned maintenance programs demand excellence, which is why you should never settle for anything less than a NALMCO provider. Look for the NALMCO logo on your lighting promotional materials. It’s one of the surest ways to know that you’re getting the most out of any lighting program or project.
Learn about NALMCO’s industry-leading certifications, and how working with NALMCO certification holders lets you partner with some of the most experienced and knowledgable professionals in the lighting business.
Get Started Today
Ready to get in touch with a NALMCO member? Head over to our membership directory to find a NALMCO member company near you.
NALMCO Certification Holders
From well equipped technicians to advanced lighting and sustainability professionals, NALMCO certifications ensure that you’re working with some of the most experienced and knowledgable professionals in the lighting business.
NALMCO Certification Programs
NALMCO certifcations offer the next level of proffessional and technical expertise. Each certification requires expertise in a particular area of lighting management, maintenance and technology.
NALMCO Cerfifications Cover:
- Retrofit Relighting Technologies
- Energy Management Systems
- High Level Safety Ttraining
- Implementation Standards
- Industry Leading Best Practices
- Lighting System Sustainability
CALT & CSLT Certifications
CALT and CSLT certified lighting technicians have demonstrated skills that can help any lighting program or project move forward safely, quickly and efficently. Companies who employ NALMCO certified technicians are committed to providing an experienced, safe and knowledgeable workforce.
To obtain the Certified Apprentice Lighting Technician (CALT) or the Certified Senior Lighting Technician (CSLT) certification, an employee must be proficient in both basic and advanced lighting operations, be trained to safely perform work at heights on aerial equipment and be trained to perform work at heights on aerial equipment and be trained to safely work on electrical systems.
Advanced Lighting Professionals
CLMC certification is granted to only the most advanced and capable lighting professionals. CLMC Certified NALMCO members are capable of fully planning and executing a wide range of lighting programs and projects.
To become a Certified Lighting Management Consultant (CLMC), a member must:
- Pass an advanced exam that tests knowledge in the areas of lighting fundamentals, safety, cost effective planned maintenance and energy management.
- Demonstrate the ability to design lighting systems that deliver appropriate light levles and maximize both energy efficiency and savings.
- Have worked at least five years as a lighting management professional.
- Hold a key position in the lighting industry.
- Pledge to adhere to the NALMCO code of ethics.
The Cutting Edge of Sustainable Lighting
NALMCO’s CSLC certification is granted to advanced lighting professionals who want to take the next step and provide truly sustainable lighting solutions.
The Industry’s first and only sustainability certication for lighting professionals. Certified Sustaina ble Lighting Consultants (CSLCs) plan and implement lighting programs and project that demonstrate sustainability in every aspect of their performance.
To Be CSLC-Certified, a member must:
- Pass an exam that tests konwledge in areas of advanced energy efficiency measures as well as a lighting system’s environmental and societal impact and its ability to enhance occupant productivity & comfort.
- Hold an existing CLMC certification.
- Undestand sustainability and how it relates to lighting systems at all phases of implementation.
- Pledge to adhere to the NALMCO code of ethics.
NALMCO: The Perfect Partner
By working with NALMCO members and certification holders, you can reap the financial, aesthetic and professional rewards of carefully executed lighting maintenance programs and retrofits.
NALMCO members are committed to wkirng not just as contractors, but as true partners, helping you maximize the potential benefits of any lighting program or project.
Learn why choosing NALMCO member for your next lighting program or project is simply the best choice you can make.
Get Started Today
Ready to find NALMCO ceritified lighting professional? Head over to our membership directory to find a NALMCO member company near you.